The Teaching Trust Leadership Teams Program prepares principals and their teams to realize their vision of an aspirational school culture and create a robust plan for campus improvement.
Leadership Teams is a selective, one-year program for school leadership teams that want to drive and sustain significant improvement in school culture and instruction in order to increase student performance. School teams work with a Teaching Trust Leadership Development Coach to strengthen their effectiveness, establish common goals, and create systems critical to dramatically increase student achievement. At each session, teams plan and implement action-learning projects related to campus priorities. School teams receive competency-based coaching in between sessions to support implementation efforts. At the end of Year 1, Leadership Teams have the opportunity to opt into a second year of the program for ongoing coaching, feedback, and support.
- Set, monitor, and achieve goals in instruction, data practices, and team effectiveness to dramatically improve student performance
- Receive ongoing coaching & feedback from a Teaching Trust coach tailored to the unique needs of your team
- Build leadership capacity as a team to sustain growth and drive student achievement on your campus
- Create and receive feedback on a Campus Plan for Change rooted in the needs of your school
- Join a network of influential individuals across North Texas who are focused on leading transformational change for students
WE SEEK PRINCIPALS AND TEAM MEMBERS WHO:
- Believe that all students can learn
- Believe in and are eager to build stronger distributed leadership on their campuses
- Desire to participate in rigorous, ongoing training, coaching, and development
- Are eager to receive constructive feedback from their team members and Teaching Trust coaches
- Have the courage to lead dramatic change on their campuses
- Have strong self-discipline and self-motivation
- Will be engaged in the program and will work hard to meet its requirements to drive academic and cultural improvement on their campuses
Note: Principals apply on behalf of their teams. It is suggested that the principal choose only team members with whom she/he has worked for at least one semester in order to determine if those team members meet the above qualifications.