Join the Teaching Trust Alumni Network on Tuesday, April 18th, 2017 as we visit an alumni-led school achieving significant academic gains for middle school students.
Uplift Williams Middle School is a free, college-preparatory charter school in northwest Dallas serving 410 scholars in 6th through 8th grades. Uplift Williams’ director, Jacob Stainbrook, a member of Teaching Trust’s Aspiring Leaders program (2012) and Leadership Teams program (2015), led the school to STAAR proficiency gains of 20% in math and 15% in reading in 2016.
Through focused classroom observations and collaborative action planning with your campus team and Uplift Williams staff, you'll learn about (and observe first-hand) the factors to which Jacob attributes his campus' growth, including:
- Scholar-centered instruction
- Planning and executing rigorous practice-based lessons
- Creating a culture of feedback and continuous learning for scholars and staff
TEAM MEMBERS TO BRING
We highly encourage participants to engage in the school visit as part of a campus team that includes:
- a school leader
- an instructional coach or dean (math and/or ELA)
- a strong 6th-8th math teacher or team lead
- a strong 6th-8th ELA teacher or team lead
Click below to register your campus team by March 26th!
For more information, click to read our Uplift Williams school visit logistics memo.
Questions? Contact Haley Pittman at email@example.com.